Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nervous Communication

Hello and Welcome to my new blog.  I hope you enjoy your visit.  What I hope you find here is inspiration, encouragement and a little challenge.  For years I have considered it my job to "comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable"... and hopefully have some fun along the way.

I am a little nervous about getting this started... after all, it is a bit revealing to put one's self out there like this.  Anyone can make fun of, criticize, or just argue with whatever is up here.  I guess that's okay, but it does make me a little nervous.  Maybe, this exercise is a little like all of us when we pray.  We open ourselves up to God's consideration.  What if God doesn't like what I say?  What if God doesn't agree with what I say?  What if God just ignores what I say?  Communication is a scary proposition.

Faith means trusting in the love and grace of the other.  It means trusting that you, the reader, or God the listener will be patient with me (or you) the communicator.  God wants to listen to us.  God wants us to communicate with Him.  God wants so desperately to show us His love.  Like a kid who carves his loved ones name in a tree in hopes of attracting her attention... God has carved our names in a tree, and stained it there for ever with his own blood.  That is the kind of love we can trust.  That is an experience of love that calls us to love back.  Do you?  Have you?

I hope you f ind peace and joy today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment