Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

Sing unto the Lord a new song!

O sing to the LORD a new song;
          sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2   Sing to the LORD, bless his name;
          tell of his salvation from day to day. 
Psalm 96:1-2

Listening to the radio the other day I heard a song I hadn't heard before... that isn't unusual, I suppose.  This particular song was very effective at reaching into my heart and drawing me out... causing me to see Jesus in a way I hadn't thought of before. A new revelation... well not new to the world, just new to me.  When I have my eyes opened to a new view it helps me see not only God in a new way, but I see myself in a new way.  That is what some call the "ahah!" moment.  I love those.  When I have those moments, it produces a sense of wonder in me... a joy!  That joy can also be called a "blessing" or a gift.  
A gift... something unforeseen, unexpected, even un-asked for.  We all love receiving gifts... almost as much as God loves giving them.  It is God's intent that we experience great joy.  Joy speaks to His character.  That is why the Apostle Paul says that the "Kingdom of God is about Joy and Peace".  Those are blessings God gives to us.  What are the blessing we give to God? 
"Sing to the LORD, bless his name;
          tell of his salvation from day to day
. "
Yep!  Tell others about the ways God has blessed you... tell of His salvation... tell of His greatness.  In other words... Sing a new song!
Peace and Joy 
Pastor Bill

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pastor Bill :) I feel blessed everytime I walk out the door and see the blue sky, the mountains just beyond our door steps, the green trees and flowers that bloom all around. It puts a smile on my face and a warmth in my heart knowing that God gave all of this to me to look at and appreciate everyday...and I thank Him everyday for such sights.

    Lori B :)

    ReplyDelete