Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

What Is Your Credit Score?

I have been watching the ads and receiving e-mails about the importance of knowing my credit score.  I wont be able to buy another house (like I can live in more than one at a time!), I wont be able buy a car with credit, I wont be able to charge a cruise to the Bahamas... all if my credit score isn't good enough.  That is kind of scary.  To think that a little piece of plastic and my mis-use of it could have such consequences!

But, what about our spiritual credit?  Do I (or you) have enough on the account to be admitted into the presence of  God?  Have I been righteous enough?  Have I been good enough to have the  plus side of my life out weigh the negative side of my life? 

At first glance I might be inclined to say yes... but, really?  When I look at even most of the good things I have done... I have to admit that I have done them too often  from selfish motives.  So then they fall into the negative category, too.

Here's what the Bible says..."Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." (Romans 4:3)  Wow!  By believing that God's provision of righteousness (given to us in Jesus' death and resurrection) God posts to our "account" His own righteousness.  My plus' now out number my negatives because of what Jesus has done.  I am considered by God as holy... not because of what I have done.  That would be reason for me to boast.  As the Apostle Paul wrote to the Ephesians (2:8-10) "You are saved by grace though faith and that is a gift from God!"

You can begin to know about and experience God's love and grace by reading about it in the Bible.  If you have never done this before, start with the Gospel of John.  As you read, ask this question..."who is this Jesus, and what does He mean to me?"  The answer's may surprise you... Here is to surprises!
Grace and Joy in Jesus.
Pastor Bill... by the way let me know you were here by commenting on the various blog postings.  Thanks

2 comments:

  1. *posts* Hey Coach! *hugs*
    Thanks for the good news! Sometimes I get tripped up on this just because I don't see why God would love me and I beat myself up saying there's no way I should be forgiven for some of the things I've done. But that's just the thing. I DON'T deserve forgiveness, I DON'T deserve his love, and he loves and forgives me anyway! :) That is tough to wrap the mind around sometimes!
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellibean! Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete